System design and layout is a critical step in the project process which requires the coordination of many details and teamwork between the customer and Cannon Equipment. Each system has different requirements and each customer has different needs. This is where our System Designers bring in their years of expertise and knowledge. They are able to see what the customer needs and how to make it happen within their facility through the use of Cannon Equipment automated machinery.
Once our team receives basic facility specifications from the customer, a preliminary layout can be developed. After the preliminary layout is completed and approve by the project team, our design engineers & mechanical engineers are brought in to expand the layout to meet the customers and particular machines specific requirements. From there, a conceptual drawing is completed & cost estimates are done for customer review.
A System Design team can include Cannon Equipment employees from sales, mechanical and electrical engineering, customer service, purchasing, field service, project management, and plant management.
A dedicated System Designer is assigned to each project, and acts as a team liaison. Additionally, the system designer will complete the necessary paperwork and schedule manufacturing time, installation and start-up.
Throughout the process, System Designers:
- Modifies existing and/or creates new designs as required per application
- Reviews designs with Customer, Sales, System Designer, Project Manager, Production Control, Manufacturing, and/or Service, as appropriate
- Creates and maintains production drawings, electrical schematics, PLC programs, Item Master Records, Bills of Materials, and Routings
- Supports manufacturing and in-house testing. Updates all documentation to reflect any necessary revisions.
- Supports installation, start-up, and production testing. Updates all documentation to reflect any necessary revisions.
- Creates and maintains machine manuals, including proper warnings and instructions, spare parts recommendations, and as-built assembly drawings.
- Provides ongoing technical support as required. Updates all documentation to reflect any necessary revisions.